Taking it from torrent based to drive based

Let us have it. All of it. Your thought s on how to improve Popcorn Time, what can take this app from just awesome to freaking brilliant!! All your suggestions will be noted and the good ones will be added to our queue of things to do... So give us many more good things to do :)

Moderators: Siem, Fous, Chupacabra, Koga73

Forum rules
1. Please use the SEARCH function before posting! If someone has posted your suggestion already, support him by replying +1! That way it is also easier for us to know what suggestions are more popular than others.

2. In the title of each suggestion, please post what platforms this suggestion is for! for example [ANDROID] "My suggestion".

Do you think this is a better idea ?

Yes
100%
No
No votes
Maybe
No votes
I dont understand the process that is mentioned above
No votes
It won't make a difference
No votes

Total votes : 1

Taking it from torrent based to drive based

Postby #9075216821 » Mon Jul 30, 2018 12:45 pm

Look we all know that the system becomes slow and unreliable for torrent based apps.
The idea is that , maybe if you could download the same torrent on your own ( popcorn org) and then create a drive account especially for that file and then upload the to the drive. That way it becomes a dedicated drive connection rather than the peer to peer connection.
I KNOW IT WILL BE SLOWER IF A LOT OF PEOPLE START DOWNLOADING THE SAME FILE SO THE SOLUTION BECOMES MAKING MORE DRIVE ACCOUNTS AND UPLOADING IT TO MORE ACCOUNTS
if you could do this at some time in future your network will be so big that millions of people could download the same file at the same time
Just make sure you have a big network
Meanwhile you could keep both torrent and drive system on to give users decision over the process
If you think of going on with this system contact me.
I have a full-proof plan.

Return to Your two cents (ideas / suggestions)