xvid codec required

This is where you can talk to us and your fellow users about issues you're having with Popcorn Time. Get advice on how to solve issues, communicate things to us and help us make Popcorn time better!

Moderators: Siem, Fous, Chupacabra

Forum rules
1. BEFORE REPORTING A BUG, USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION!!!
Is someone reported it already, don't open a new thread! Save us time so we can invest this time in fixing this bug!
(Unless the report is very old and talks about an older version. Please don't post on old threads).

2. ANSWER THAT FOLLOWING (THE ONES THAT ARE APPLICABLE) QUESTIONS IN YOUR POST:
- What version # of PT are you using? On what device? What OS version is it running? ie. win 7
- Is this bug happening on everything you try to watch? Movies and TV shows?
- Can you attach a screen shot? (If it's something that can be captured).
- Is your internet connection stable?
- Did you try to run Popcorn Time as an Administrator?
- Did you try this on another device?
- Did you try this on another internet connection?
- Did you try it on wifi and cable?
**The questions are just for guidance, no need to answer all of them if not applicable, but the more detail you give us regarding this issue you're having, the easier it'll be for us to reproduce it and fix it! So start spilling...
3. If the issue you're experiencing is on desktop, report it on the "everything desktop" sub-forum. If the issue you're experiencing is on mobile, please report it on the "everything mobile" sub-forum.

xvid codec required

Postby mario » Mon Apr 30, 2018 5:42 pm

Hello all. I see this topic posted regularly but it seems that no definite answer is in sight. With regard to movies like Red Sparrow, EQ2, Tomb Raider and Death Wish specifically, once you have downloaded the movie it requires a codec of sorts. It reverts to a site where you must apparently register etc.

Please lets not refer all and sundry back to old posts and FAQs etc etc.

Lets just fix the bug or problem or whatever needs to be done, let us do it, but do inform us accordingly.

If it cannot be resolved then let us also confirm such so downloads can then occur elsewhere.

It is quite annoying when one downloads a file and for some weird reason it does not play.

Thanks for the correct answer in sorting the matter out (in advance).

Regards.

Mario.
mario

Re: xvid codec required

Postby broper » Thu May 03, 2018 7:55 am

Hello.
If you find such a resource, please share it and do not install any codecs suggested.
It is improper torrent and will be deleted.
Thanks.
broper

Postby Adilsheikh121 » Sat May 05, 2018 4:18 am

Hi Team,
What action has been taken against the people who uploads these movies. Which require xvid.
It's very annoying if you found out it requires xvid.

Can you please. Allow comment section in app so that we can put review about the print and quality. If we want to report our experience other should know by good bad symbols or somthing simile.
Hope you can work. It out.

Regards,
Adil Sheikh
Adilsheikh121

Postby zosie14 » Sat May 05, 2018 2:47 pm

Adilsheikh121 wrote:Hi Team,
What action has been taken against the people who uploads these movies. Which require xvid.
It's very annoying if you found out it requires xvid.

Can you please. Allow comment section in app so that we can put review about the print and quality. If we want to report our experience other should know by good bad symbols or somthing simile.
Hope you can work. It out.

Regards,
Adil Sheikh
zosie14

Postby axler » Sat May 05, 2018 4:11 pm

Thanks for your feedback.
This idea seems reasonable.
Also hope to see it in the nearest future.
axler

Postby brett92026 » Fri May 11, 2018 6:04 am

I wondered the same thing about this practice, requiring Xvid in order to watch my movie; as is the case with Jurassic Park Fallen Kingdom. I don't understand the reasoning for something like this to be used on this site. Forced enrollment into a subscription which requires your CC info, one which you will have to go back to and cancel before they automatically begin charging you a monthly service fee...all to just watch a movie...really? I'm sorry, but doesn't that kinda defeat the purpose of why this site was created? Am I wrong?? Maybe someone get's kickbacks for this setup...after all the entire Popcorn Time viewing world is their target.
brett92026

Return to Something's not right... (bug report)