Settings won't save

This is where you can talk to us and your fellow users about issues you're having with Popcorn Time. Get advice on how to solve issues, communicate things to us and help us make Popcorn time better!

Moderators: Siem, Fous, Chupacabra

Forum rules
1. BEFORE REPORTING A BUG, USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION!!!
Is someone reported it already, don't open a new thread! Save us time so we can invest this time in fixing this bug!
(Unless the report is very old and talks about an older version. Please don't post on old threads).

2. ANSWER THAT FOLLOWING (THE ONES THAT ARE APPLICABLE) QUESTIONS IN YOUR POST:
- What version # of PT are you using? On what device? What OS version is it running? ie. win 7
- Is this bug happening on everything you try to watch? Movies and TV shows?
- Can you attach a screen shot? (If it's something that can be captured).
- Is your internet connection stable?
- Did you try to run Popcorn Time as an Administrator?
- Did you try this on another device?
- Did you try this on another internet connection?
- Did you try it on wifi and cable?
**The questions are just for guidance, no need to answer all of them if not applicable, but the more detail you give us regarding this issue you're having, the easier it'll be for us to reproduce it and fix it! So start spilling...
3. If the issue you're experiencing is on desktop, report it on the "everything desktop" sub-forum. If the issue you're experiencing is on mobile, please report it on the "everything mobile" sub-forum.

Settings won't save

Postby Chelto » Thu Nov 20, 2014 1:24 pm

Just as the title says, whenever I change a setting on the settings tab it reverts back to default after I close. There doesn't appear to be a save or apply settings button, but I'm trying to change my cache location and uncheck "Clear cache on exit" but I can't

Idea?

Thank you
Chelto

Re: Settings won't save

Postby che2lf » Wed Nov 26, 2014 11:42 pm

It's true, it cleares cash folder also if i uncheck that, and close application first time
che2lf

Postby popcorn-time » Thu Nov 27, 2014 11:10 am

Hey guys,

It's not all settings that don't save, for example if you change the language of Popcorn Time it will save.
Specifically we have a bug with clearing the cache folder thing and we're working on fixing it.

So stay tuned, we're hoping to get this done for the upcoming update.
popcorn-time
Site Admin

Postby Frido » Thu Dec 25, 2014 1:28 am

THANKS for a nice program. AND THANKS for the really crappy bug, it deleted all 2.5TB of my movies on my NAS because it didn't save the "don't clear the cache".

That's what you get when using Popcorn. Netflix is better, but not free. But make someting like netflix - and everyone would be happy ;) (obviously not those from Netflix, hehe)

/Frido
Still pissed that he is missing 2.5TB movies. F.......ing christmas night. *sigh*
Frido

Postby popcorn-time » Thu Dec 25, 2014 9:28 am

Frido wrote:THANKS for a nice program. AND THANKS for the really crappy bug, it deleted all 2.5TB of my movies on my NAS because it didn't save the "don't clear the cache".

That's what you get when using Popcorn. Netflix is better, but not free. But make someting like netflix - and everyone would be happy ;) (obviously not those from Netflix, hehe)

/Frido
Still pissed that he is missing 2.5TB movies. F.......ing christmas night. *sigh*

Hi Frido,

There's nothing we can do but apologize. We are in beta and annoying bugs can stick and even though we were sure we fixed this one, something must of stuck and did what it did.

We apologize, but no one is perfect. We're working very hard on becoming perfect, but as long as we're in beta, bugs can happen. This is a really shitty crappy bug, and we feel bad that it deleted your movies, Christmas night or not Christmas night.

What we can promise you is that you'll be able to recover your movie library with us!!! :shock:
popcorn-time
Site Admin

Postby babywin » Tue Jan 13, 2015 3:13 am

Settings still won't save on 5.1 Subtitles back to normal any time. I can't read those small characters. Please help.
babywin

Postby Fifth313ment » Mon Apr 23, 2018 4:26 am

It's 2018, Popcorn Time v6.0.9 and the settings still don't save. I found that you can bypass the clear cache option by doing this:

If you search the registry there is a key under HKEY_USERS\....\Software\Popcorn Time\Popcorn Time\CleanOnExitwhich is set to True by default, and another key caller DownloadDir. You can modify those keys and it will (hopefully) work. (thanks to red dwarf)

But maybe the devs or someone else can explain how to get rid of the VPN advert?

Thanks in advance,

5th
Fifth313ment

Postby carolbalzano » Mon May 21, 2018 5:41 am

Please, how do I get to "search the registry" and find these keys? I can't save any movies that are downloaded. I used to be able to but I can't anymore. I don't get internet in the mountains where I spend some of my time and all I have is the movies I downloaded. I don't get TV either. (not that I watch a lot of TV). I see where I can uncheck that box that says "clear cache on exit". I uncheck it, but it doesn't work.
carolbalzano

Postby axler » Tue May 22, 2018 9:31 am

On the latest version(which is 6.1.0 so far) this checkbox with "cachefolder" wotks correctly. So install the newest version from the site.
axler

Postby Bombanana » Sun Jun 10, 2018 7:01 pm

Frido wrote:THANKS for a nice program. AND THANKS for the really crappy bug, it deleted all 2.5TB of my movies on my NAS because it didn't save the "don't clear the cache".

/Frido

I have the same problem. However, it still shows the amount of GB of the downloads in the D drive.
How can I complete delete all the movies and series.
Or how can I recover them?
Attachments
Naamloos.png
Naamloos.png (2.76 KiB) Viewed 678 times
Bombanana

Next

Return to Something's not right... (bug report)