How do I know the language before watching the content?

Let us have it. All of it. Your thought s on how to improve Popcorn Time, what can take this app from just awesome to freaking brilliant!! All your suggestions will be noted and the good ones will be added to our queue of things to do... So give us many more good things to do :)

Moderators: Siem, Fous, Chupacabra, Koga73

Forum rules
1. Please use the SEARCH function before posting! If someone has posted your suggestion already, support him by replying +1! That way it is also easier for us to know what suggestions are more popular than others.

2. In the title of each suggestion, please post what platforms this suggestion is for! for example [ANDROID] "My suggestion".

How do I know the language before watching the content?

Postby Omer Farooq » Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:01 am

I recently started using Popcorn time in order to watch movies and TV shows, and I’m enjoying myself. I've started facing this annoying issue where after I've clicked "Watch it now" and after 5-10 minutes of loading (which is tedious to sit through i might add) the movie/TV show loads in a foreign language e.g Spanish. Now i don't speak Spanish nor do i understand it so my first instinct was to check the pop up box to the right labeled "English" and i quickly got to know that only changes the language of the subtitles and not the audio, so i decided to change peers and in doing so it changed the language of the audio. Now, most TV shows on here have a lot of peers (7-10) and checking each and everyone takes a lot of time as firstly you have to sit through the loading and then finally you get to hear the audio.

The question that i have is, whether there is a way of knowing the language of the audio before having to load the episode/movie?

Hope to get a reply soon :D
Omer Farooq

Re: How do I know the language before watching the content?

Postby nubito » Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:15 am

Movies tab has a Dubbing option, e.g. No Dubbing means original voice. TV shows doesn't have such option in PT Desktop and that means must be original voice only, otherwise need to select other torrent.
nubito

Return to Your two cents (ideas / suggestions)