FAQ - READ BEFORE POSTING!

Let us have it. All of it. Your thought s on how to improve Popcorn Time, what can take this app from just awesome to freaking brilliant!! All your suggestions will be noted and the good ones will be added to our queue of things to do... So give us many more good things to do :)

Moderators: Siem, Fous, Chupacabra, Koga73

Forum rules
1. Please use the SEARCH function before posting! If someone has posted your suggestion already, support him by replying +1! That way it is also easier for us to know what suggestions are more popular than others.

2. In the title of each suggestion, please post what platforms this suggestion is for! for example [ANDROID] "My suggestion".

FAQ - READ BEFORE POSTING!

Postby popcorn-time » Mon Mar 02, 2015 12:42 pm

THIS IS SUPER IMPORTANT TO US!
THE MOMENT IT'LL TAKE YOU TO READ THIS, WILL SAVE US MANY MOMENTS IN WHICH WE HAVE TO REPEAT OURSELVES HERE AND ALLOW US TO INVEST THOSE PRECIOUS MOMENTS IN MAKING POPCORN TIME ROCK!

1. What should I do before posting my issue?
-USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION!!
Please help us avoid repetition on this forum as much as possible, but searching before posting! It'll take you one minute more, and will give us 5 minutes more to invest in developing Popcorn Time and making it more awesome!!!
Please note though, that if you see that your issue was discussed previously, but the discussion is old, no one has responded to it in ages and is talking about this bug in some ancient version we had, don't post it there!! Start a new thread.
-READ THE FORUM RULES!
At the top of each forum you'll find the forum rules which will basically guide you as to how you should report your issue, what information we need of you, etc. The forum rules are written in red in a pink bubble at the top of each forum, like this:
forum rules.PNG
forum rules.PNG (125.89 KiB) Viewed 49504 times

Please don't ignore them. They're there for you!!

2. I have a bug on my Mac/Windows/Linux version I need to report, where should I post it?
Anything that has to do with bugs on desktop, hence, Mac Windows or Linux, goes on the “Everything Desktop” forum which is a sub-forum of "Something's not Right... (bug report)" forum, where our loyal team of desktop developers, led by Chupacabra will be able to assist you.
viewforum.php?f=23

**Don't forget to read the forum rules, in red, at the top of the forum page before posting!

3. I have a bug on my Android/iOS app I need to report, where should I post it?
Anything that has to do with mobile should be posted on the “Everything Mobile” forum which is a sub-forum of the "Something's not Right... (bug report)" forum, where our loyal team of mobile developers, led by Popcorn will be able to assist you.
viewforum.php?f=24

**Don't forget to read the forum rules, in red, at the top of the forum page before posting!

4. I have an issue with a specific movie/TV show... Where should I report it?
All issues that have to do with our database, whether a movie you want to see isn't on our database, a series you're following is missing episodes, a movie is bad quality/not working/in a wrong language, or anything else that has to do with content – should be posted on our “It's all about CONTENT” forum, where Vizzart, who's in charge of content on Popcorn Time will be able to assist you.
viewforum.php?f=22

5. I have a brilliant idea for a feature you should add!! Where should I let you know about it?
We have a forum just for that! It's called “Your two Cents (ideas/suggestions)” and that would be the right place to report suggestions you have for any of our versions.
Please, in order to help us keep the forum organized and that we'll know what suggestion is for what platform, write in the title of your suggestion the platform your suggestion is for.
For example: [DESKTOP] Please enable sorting by recently added.
If your suggestion applies to all our platforms, please categorize it as [GENERAL].
viewforum.php?f=7

6. When is the next update for Android/Windows/Mac/iOS/Linux?
We never have fixed ETA's. Our answer will always be some sort of “soon” since there isn't a platform we're not working on fixing and updating at every given moment. Be sure that when the update is out, you all will know about! We announce about new versions on our Facebook page, on Twitter, on our blog and here on our News and Announcements forum.

7. Subtitles in my language aren't showing correctly on Android!! Please fix it!
We are aware of issues with some languages (Arabic, Hebrew, Chinese, Turkish) on Android and it's been posted about all over the forum. This is an issue with the VLC player and we're waiting for them to fix it so it will be solved.

8. Subtitles aren't showing when I use Apple TV. What should I do?
This is no bug. We still haven't developed subtitles support for when casting a movie using Apple TV. This is something we're working on, so please stay tuned!

9. Oh no, there's spam in the forum what should I do when I see it???
Report it!! Yes, recently some spam bots have been able to sneak into our usually spam free forum.. They're annoying fu#$ers and we're doing our best to block them. But if we're not perfect and some still manage to find their way in here, please report them using the “red exclamation mark inside an upside down triangle “ symbol on the top right corner of every post, so we'll kick them out and delete their posts ASAP. Thanks.

THANKS FOR READING AND HAPPY POSTING!
popcorn-time
Site Admin

Return to Your two cents (ideas / suggestions)