Popcorn App started and stalled and then exited

This is where you can talk to us and your fellow users about issues you're having with Popcorn Time. Get advice on how to solve issues, communicate things to us and help us make Popcorn time better!

Moderators: Siem, Fous, Chupacabra

Forum rules
1. BEFORE REPORTING A BUG, USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION!!!
Is someone reported it already, don't open a new thread! Save us time so we can invest this time in fixing this bug!
(Unless the report is very old and talks about an older version. Please don't post on old threads).

2. ANSWER THAT FOLLOWING (THE ONES THAT ARE APPLICABLE) QUESTIONS IN YOUR POST:
- What version # of PT are you using? On what device? What OS version is it running? ie. win 7
- Is this bug happening on everything you try to watch? Movies and TV shows?
- Can you attach a screen shot? (If it's something that can be captured).
- Is your internet connection stable?
- Did you try to run Popcorn Time as an Administrator?
- Did you try this on another device?
- Did you try this on another internet connection?
- Did you try it on wifi and cable?
**The questions are just for guidance, no need to answer all of them if not applicable, but the more detail you give us regarding this issue you're having, the easier it'll be for us to reproduce it and fix it! So start spilling...
3. If the issue you're experiencing is on desktop, report it on the "everything desktop" sub-forum. If the issue you're experiencing is on mobile, please report it on the "everything mobile" sub-forum.

Popcorn App started and stalled and then exited

Postby moshingbananas » Wed Oct 31, 2018 12:32 am

Hi guys,

I am experiencing errors in running the popcorn time app on android.

i am able to download it but whenever i run it, it start normally at the front page (where there's a red curtain with cartoon characters) but after which, it stayed there for a considerably long period of time before it went back to the main menu.

is it because i am running the latest apk file which is not compatible? if so, do you have an older version of the apk.

I am currently using a ubox S900_Pro (android box)
android version 5.1
kernel version

appreciate your response
moshingbananas

Re: Popcorn App started and stalled and then exited

Postby nubito » Wed Oct 31, 2018 11:05 am

I'm not sure if PT supports TV boxes, however you can choose in PT Settings → Interface type → TV. If it wouldn't help and you believe the old app versions works fine with your TV box, you can try to find such versions at some non Google Play stores like apkfiles, appbrain, appszoom etc.
nubito

Re: Popcorn App started and stalled and then exited

Postby moshingbananas » Wed Oct 31, 2018 11:49 am

nubito wrote:I'm not sure if PT supports TV boxes, however you can choose in PT Settings → Interface type → TV. If it wouldn't help and you believe the old app versions works fine with your TV box, you can try to find such versions at some non Google Play stores like apkfiles, appbrain, appszoom etc.

Ah okay. Got it.

Will do that. Thanks much
moshingbananas

Return to Something's not right... (bug report)