Built in vpn

This is where you can talk to us and your fellow users about issues you're having with Popcorn Time. Get advice on how to solve issues, communicate things to us and help us make Popcorn time better!

Moderators: Siem, Fous, Chupacabra

Forum rules
1. BEFORE REPORTING A BUG, USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION!!!
Is someone reported it already, don't open a new thread! Save us time so we can invest this time in fixing this bug!
(Unless the report is very old and talks about an older version. Please don't post on old threads).

2. ANSWER THAT FOLLOWING (THE ONES THAT ARE APPLICABLE) QUESTIONS IN YOUR POST:
- What version # of PT are you using? On what device? What OS version is it running? ie. win 7
- Is this bug happening on everything you try to watch? Movies and TV shows?
- Can you attach a screen shot? (If it's something that can be captured).
- Is your internet connection stable?
- Did you try to run Popcorn Time as an Administrator?
- Did you try this on another device?
- Did you try this on another internet connection?
- Did you try it on wifi and cable?
**The questions are just for guidance, no need to answer all of them if not applicable, but the more detail you give us regarding this issue you're having, the easier it'll be for us to reproduce it and fix it! So start spilling...
3. If the issue you're experiencing is on desktop, report it on the "everything desktop" sub-forum. If the issue you're experiencing is on mobile, please report it on the "everything mobile" sub-forum.

Built in vpn

Postby Paws4 <3 » Wed Mar 08, 2017 10:56 pm

I tried to download the built in vpn and it said that it had too many redirects to load page to sign up for it how do I fix it? I have the version 2.8.0 please help
Paws4 <3

Re: Built in vpn

Postby Glap45 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 5:02 pm

No. You must buy their VPN to watch movies. But they don't let you know this until you try to watch a movie then BAM! Hit you with an upper cut.
Glap45

Postby amyacker » Tue Aug 08, 2017 9:59 am

Upgrade the version, i`m not sure if it still supports the older one. It should route all traffic through vpn.
P.S: The VPN itself is not run by the Popcorn Time team. Instead, they came to an agreement with the VPN provider Kebrum, who are offering their services for free.
Sources: https://torrentfreak.com/popcorn-time-g ... pn-140607/
https://www.popcorntimevpn.org/
amyacker

Postby BAOZHAI » Wed Oct 24, 2018 10:15 am

I would never support you to use the built in vpn instead I would suggest you to use Nord. I am using Nord and it works flawlessly with popcorn time. The reason of not using the built in vpn is plain and simple. It does't provide you the same level of security levels which a premium one gives.
https://www.vpnranks.com/best-popcorn-time-vpn/
Hope it helps :)
BAOZHAI

Built in vpn

Postby joyohjoyous » Sun Dec 09, 2018 3:54 pm

Hi - I have NORD VPN - but it doesn't seem to work with Popcorn Time. I have been notified 3 times, in the past month, of copyright infringement. What am I doing wrong do you think?
joyohjoyous

Postby vashkep » Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:37 pm

If you are sure Nord VPN is satisfying your protection needs - just ignore those alerts or turn it off in PT settings. Otherwise I suggest you to buy built-in vpn and forget about copyright infringement. Each vpn has its pros and cons, e.g. built-in vpn has a big advantage of Kill-switch and pretty fast connection speed but doesn't have a trial mode - so decision is on you.
vashkep

Return to Something's not right... (bug report)