Problem with the LIBEAY32.DLL

This is where you can talk to us and your fellow users about issues you're having with Popcorn Time. Get advice on how to solve issues, communicate things to us and help us make Popcorn time better!

Moderators: Siem, Fous, Chupacabra

Forum rules
1. BEFORE REPORTING A BUG, USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION!!!
Is someone reported it already, don't open a new thread! Save us time so we can invest this time in fixing this bug!
(Unless the report is very old and talks about an older version. Please don't post on old threads).

2. ANSWER THAT FOLLOWING (THE ONES THAT ARE APPLICABLE) QUESTIONS IN YOUR POST:
- What version # of PT are you using? On what device? What OS version is it running? ie. win 7
- Is this bug happening on everything you try to watch? Movies and TV shows?
- Can you attach a screen shot? (If it's something that can be captured).
- Is your internet connection stable?
- Did you try to run Popcorn Time as an Administrator?
- Did you try this on another device?
- Did you try this on another internet connection?
- Did you try it on wifi and cable?
**The questions are just for guidance, no need to answer all of them if not applicable, but the more detail you give us regarding this issue you're having, the easier it'll be for us to reproduce it and fix it! So start spilling...
3. If the issue you're experiencing is on desktop, report it on the "everything desktop" sub-forum. If the issue you're experiencing is on mobile, please report it on the "everything mobile" sub-forum.

Problem with the LIBEAY32.DLL

Postby Halconio » Fri Nov 28, 2014 8:19 pm

Hello,

When I´m trying to watch a movie it appears twice a message box with the following description: (In Spanish)

"No se encuentra el ordinal 354 en la biblioteca de vinculos dinamicos LIBEAY32.dll"

Is there a solution for this? Luckily, I can watch the movie just by closing both annoying message boxes.

These are my settings:
* OS (Windows or Mac) / Or a mobile device? Windows 7 Professional Service Pack 1 64-bit on a notebook
* What is your OS version? 7 Professional with all updates
* What version of Popcorn Time do you have installed? 5 Beta
* Is your internet connection stable? yes, 150Mbps
* Did you try to run Popcorn Time as an Administrator? yes, same problem
* Does this occur for all the series/movies you watch? Did you try different torrents for that movie/episode? it occurs at the moment when I click for a movie in the main screen of popcorn time
* Did you try this on another device? No
* Did you try this on another internet connection? No
* Did you try it on wifi and cable? No, only WIFI
* If possible, we would really appreciate screen recordings(Windows/Mac) or screenshots of your situation! done

Also, When you enter (click) to watch a movie in order to see the movie information, and the you want to return to the main screen, the program freezes and there is no possibility to click any other movie.

By the way, congratulations for this great program!!!!!!
Attachments
Screenshot libeay32.png
Screenshot libeay32.png (1.03 MiB) Viewed 2117 times
Halconio

Re: Problem with the LIBEAY32.DLL

Postby Chupacabra » Wed Dec 03, 2014 5:16 pm

Yes, we're aware on that issue with dll, will fix on next release. Please try to put file from attached ZIP to program directory and see if it fixes your issue.
Also, When you enter (click) to watch a movie in order to see the movie information, and the you want to return to the main screen, the program freezes and there is no possibility to click any other movie.

Will look into it, thanks!
Attachments
libeay32.zip
(781.89 KiB) Downloaded 367 times
Chupacabra

Postby pochoclo » Mon Feb 02, 2015 1:00 am

I have Windows XP SP2 and installed Popcorntime 5.1 which has the libeay32.dll already in the directory and I get the same error:
"No se encuentra el ordinal 354 en la biblioteca de vinculos dinamicos LIBEAY32.dll"

The file attached by Chupacabra does not exist anymore.

How to fix?

Thanks.
pochoclo

Postby Chupacabra » Tue Feb 03, 2015 11:12 am

This is fixed in 5.2.
Please take the dlls here or http://dropmefiles.com/1Dijy
Attachments
dlls.zip
(739.87 KiB) Downloaded 129 times
Chupacabra

Postby Billy77 » Fri Jun 03, 2016 9:15 am

You need to download file from http://fix4dll.com/mfc100u_dll to fix your problem. An error will occur again if you won't do it.
Billy77

Postby khushbu kashyap » Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:19 am

I have seen your problem is LIBEAY32.DLL is not working in your system. These types of problem occurs any time in your system. So first you need to check LIBEAY32.DLL file is installed correctly or not. If there is no LIBEAY32.DLL file in your system then no need to scare you just have to catch this link https://fixdll.net/libeay32
khushbu kashyap

Return to Something's not right... (bug report)