version 5.6.1.0 bugs and missing options

This is where you can talk to us and your fellow users about issues you're having with Popcorn Time. Get advice on how to solve issues, communicate things to us and help us make Popcorn time better!

Moderators: Siem, Fous, Chupacabra

Forum rules
1. BEFORE REPORTING A BUG, USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION!!!
Is someone reported it already, don't open a new thread! Save us time so we can invest this time in fixing this bug!
(Unless the report is very old and talks about an older version. Please don't post on old threads).

2. ANSWER THAT FOLLOWING (THE ONES THAT ARE APPLICABLE) QUESTIONS IN YOUR POST:
- What version # of PT are you using? On what device? What OS version is it running? ie. win 7
- Is this bug happening on everything you try to watch? Movies and TV shows?
- Can you attach a screen shot? (If it's something that can be captured).
- Is your internet connection stable?
- Did you try to run Popcorn Time as an Administrator?
- Did you try this on another device?
- Did you try this on another internet connection?
- Did you try it on wifi and cable?
**The questions are just for guidance, no need to answer all of them if not applicable, but the more detail you give us regarding this issue you're having, the easier it'll be for us to reproduce it and fix it! So start spilling...
3. If the issue you're experiencing is on desktop, report it on the "everything desktop" sub-forum. If the issue you're experiencing is on mobile, please report it on the "everything mobile" sub-forum.

version 5.6.1.0 bugs and missing options

Postby downjones » Sun Sep 10, 2017 6:42 pm

I use Windows 10 pro... whether you run PT as administrator or not, following bugs are occurring:

1. the settings menu does not remember my personal settings, whenever I untick the check boxed to my preference it always jumps to default upon restart of the PT.

2. also the file size for the download of the preferred quality is nowhere indicated, I don't know where it is a bug or a missing feature, especially if am using a mobile data plan I would like to see how much data am consuming while watching movie in a preferred quality, also I realised that some movies even in 720p quality are a whopping 3.5 GB in size, while I have movies in 720p quality around 960mb in size, maybe you should add options also for DVD quality to reduce size for mobile device users ;)

3. I also would like to point out that the option sort by 'rating' is missing completely :roll:

4. the automatic update service should be a manual option... after installation I realised that and update.exe is running automatically while restart my PC, such thing shall be optional in the settings menu, or better is to include a 'check for update' button in the settings menu which will simply check if newer version is available. Also more settings for advanced users would be a big plus to this program 8-)

Thanks for your awesome work and hopefully all these little things will be improved with the next update. :mrgreen:
downjones

Re: version 5.6.1.0 bugs and missing options

Postby lizard » Mon Sep 11, 2017 5:04 pm

Thank you for participation.
We'll try to implement these in the future.
Keep in touch.
lizard

Re: version 5.6.1.0 bugs and missing options

Postby downjones » Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:25 am

lizard wrote:Thank you for participation.
We'll try to implement these in the future.
Keep in touch.

Thank you for your quick response, it's appreciated. :)
I hope all these issues which I have addressed are going to be resolved in the next update for the PC and mobile version.

Is there any time indication possible on the next release? :mrgreen:
downjones

Return to Something's not right... (bug report)