How is the VPN free? Can we donate?

Talk to us and your community about anything you want here. Thoughts, suggestions, concerns, compliments... just general things. You know.

Moderators: Siem, Fous, Chupacabra

How is the VPN free? Can we donate?

Postby Ampix0 » Mon Jul 07, 2014 3:34 am

How is Popcorn time able to support all of the development and the FREE VPN service without any kind of funding or income? Can I donate somehow?
Ampix0

Re: How is the VPN free? Can we donate?

Postby popcorn-time » Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:16 am

The VPN is free because of a partnership we formed with Kebrum.. This is good business for them since they reach more users in this way and get more exposure which is priceless :)
As for donating- seriously the best way to donate to our project now is just by helping us spread the word about Popcorn Time.
The bigger we are, the stronger we are. That simple.
So any user that can talk about us in forums and put a link to us there- is worth more than any currency that he will give.
Any share on Facebook or any other social network- priceless.
Help us grow our user database, and it will be worth more than anything to us :-)

And also- help us by being an active member of the community! We can't handle it all and unfortunately many users who write here go unanswered :( So we're really looking for users to contribute by joining discussions here and trying to help their fellow users!!

popcorn-time
Site Admin

Postby GoGyrosWin » Wed Oct 29, 2014 8:13 pm

Usually, the free services will block P2P downloads as it stresses out their bandwidth. I have yet to use a free one that will download a whole movie while using Windows7.
GoGyrosWin

Postby WhiteCrane » Thu Oct 30, 2014 12:14 am

Hey everyone. I'm a newbie, and I really don't want to come off as a useless n00b, so I apologize in advance that my first post is a question but I'm really not seeing a clear answer to this anywhere.

The windows program makes no mention of the VPN service in the settings menu. Is there VPN service in Windows, or only in ANDROID? There's just nothing in the UI about VPN settings. Do I have to enable them through my router, or does the program have its own VPN settings?
WhiteCrane

Postby WhiteCrane » Thu Oct 30, 2014 12:52 am

WOW. Nevermind. I feel so stupid. Going to go donate now...
WhiteCrane

Postby Chupacabra » Thu Oct 30, 2014 6:33 am

WhiteCrane wrote:The windows program makes no mention of the VPN service in the settings menu. Is there VPN service in Windows, or only in ANDROID? There's just nothing in the UI about VPN settings. Do I have to enable them through my router, or does the program have its own VPN settings?

There is a lock icon in the icon area, and this is the VPN page link.
Chupacabra

Postby Khurramk » Tue Jul 12, 2016 3:31 pm

Your question is very Sarcastic ! I like it.
Just like your opinion that VPN cannot be free, it shows that you only believe in Paid VPNs which is very realistic. I would also suggest you to go through a brief description about Free and Paid VPNs on toptenvpnreviews. I believe it will clear all your misconceptions about Free VPN.
Khurramk

Postby amyacker » Fri Sep 09, 2016 1:39 pm

The thing about popcorn time free vpn is that no one has received nasty copyright letters from an ISP yet, at least that I have heard about. But, yes, when you use PCT you are in fact torrenting and yes that is what the mpaa goons go after. I`m not sure about donating but you can share as much as you can on social media and spread the positive image of pop corn time free vpn. Heres the paid alternative: https://www.purevpnreview.com/
amyacker

Postby mira87 » Wed Dec 28, 2016 12:28 pm

Actually I don't prefer using free VPN services, it has many problems I am already using a secured one and it is cheap and usually offers discount coupons, this VPN service is my favorite one https://www.vpnfaqs.com/2016/10/vpn-cou ... -discount/
mira87

Postby Swagnoor19 » Wed Mar 01, 2017 4:17 pm

where is the free vpn option? when i click the lock, it says register for $5.75 per month...
Swagnoor19

Next

Return to The Everyday Things