no available free space on disk

Talk to us and your community about anything you want here. Thoughts, suggestions, concerns, compliments... just general things. You know.

Moderators: Siem, Fous, Chupacabra

no available free space on disk

Postby mcano1634 » Sun Jul 19, 2015 4:14 pm

hello new to this forum I got a question every time I try to play a movie on popcorn time which I just downloaded for the first time on my phone it says this message when I try to play a movie, "no available space on disk". is there a solution to the issue, is it on my side or is it on the app?
mcano1634

Re: no available free space on disk

Postby popcorn » Mon Jul 20, 2015 8:27 am

Hi,

It's mean you not have free space on your device storage. Video what you want to watch is downloading to your device.
popcorn

Postby popcorn-time » Wed Jul 22, 2015 2:44 pm

With beta 2.7.3 you can download to external SD card, so if you have free space on SD card, you won't have a problem.
popcorn-time
Site Admin

Postby Kristie » Sat Aug 08, 2015 7:40 pm

Even when I have an external SD card in my phone, it still says this, please help!
Kristie

Postby popcorn-time » Mon Aug 10, 2015 12:06 pm

Kristie wrote:Even when I have an external SD card in my phone, it still says this, please help!

Do you have the latest version, beta 2.7.3 installed? If so, please go to your settings, and under "downloads" choose cache folder. Then you can choose if you want the app to download the movies to your internal memory (default) or external SD card.

If after you chose external SD card you still get the "no available space" MSG, it means that you don't have enough space on your external memory or internal memory of your device and you will need to delete some things in order to watch stuff via Popcorn Time.
popcorn-time
Site Admin

Postby s3na » Tue Oct 27, 2015 7:23 pm

Hello

I have de popcorn time 2.7.4.1 and i have the same problem
I dont have sd card, but i have 2.9 GB of free space, on my smartphone, but everytime i try to watch movies ou episodes series, i get the same message "no available free space on disk"

If anyone can help me i would apreciate.
s3na

Postby NorthGaMale » Sun Jan 03, 2016 2:42 am

I had this same problem on my kindle even after cleaning out a ton of files and apps. So I pulled up popcorn, then went to the menu and clicked on "downloads" and found a movie was there in the download directory. I deleted the movie and popcorn works perfect. Try it and see it that helps. Good luck.
NorthGaMale

Postby NorthGaMale » Mon Jan 04, 2016 5:10 pm

Well my solution only worked for one movie. It's obvious the admins or tech support at popcorn don't care or they would offer suggestions. I just uninstalled popcorn and installed Showbiz and it works perfectly.

Good luck people. There is no support here.
NorthGaMale

Postby ladydover23 » Tue May 02, 2017 11:23 pm

I found the issus that cause full space on popcorn time and its work to watch. Here is the tips that will fix it

1. Go to setting
2. App
3. Find the popcorn time
4. Click the storage
5. Click storage used
6. Move to SD if u have card in phone as memory
7. Then after done with move, open the popcorn
8. Pick any movie u want to watch
9. Download or watch it now but first look at 720p size 1gb
10 dont pick the 1000p higher than 1gb thats cause sd storage became a full
11. So scroll down and look at 720p 1gb is complete work to watch download or watch it now.

U re welcome!
ladydover23

Postby TanC » Sat Nov 03, 2018 9:48 am

Yes.. it is SOLVED!!!

Under settings of the popcorn app, change the upload speed to 1000 kbps...then try to download/stream the movie...it will work. Hope it helps! :)
TanC

Return to The Everyday Things