Severely unhappy with Anonymous VPN

Talk to us and your community about anything you want here. Thoughts, suggestions, concerns, compliments... just general things. You know.

Moderators: Siem, Fous, Chupacabra

Severely unhappy with Anonymous VPN

Postby Redpossum » Thu Apr 12, 2018 5:42 pm

I'm not shrieking hysterically, and I'm deliberately avoiding the phrase "ripped off", because I made some mistakes myself, but I am quite unhappy with Anonymous VPN.

For starts, it never worked. Not once was I ever able to get past the "getting metadata" message while using Anonymous VPN. Not once. Now, we all know this happens from time to time under Popcorn-time, even without a VPN. So you reboot the computer, and if that doesn't work, you reboot the router, and 9 times out of 10, that cures the problem. Some torrents just never work, and that's that. But with Anonymous VPN I was never able to get past that message. Not once.

So I cancelled it, despite having paid for a year, because hey it was recommended by Popcorn-time, right? But it had been too long since I paid, so I got no refund. Fine.

Shortly after this, my ISP announced a shutdown, so I had to change email address.

Fast forward two years, and I discover this mysterious 12.24 USD charge to my checking account. Looking back, I find this charge has been arriving at the end of each month for the last two years. Should I have noticed this far sooner? Yes, I should have, mea culpa. No excuses there, I was sloppy. Looking more carefully, I discover this is Anonymous VPN. For two years they had been dunning my checking account monthly, in reference to an email account that no longer existed. For a service I was not using, and could not use.

So I contact Anonymous VPN, politely explain the situation, and request a refund. They refunded 12.00 USD for the most recent payment, and told me to Foxrot Oscar for the rest of the nearly 300 USD. Nothing more than invoking the TOS, and stonewalling from there.

As I stated up front, I should have been more observant. But I do still feel that Anonymous VPN has done me wrong in a very major way. And their VPN never worked, so I really received precisely zero value, in exchange for one annual payment, and two years of monthly payments. Zero, zilch, nada, bupkis, jack squat.

As I said at the start, I am quite unhappy with them.
Redpossum

Re: Severely unhappy with Anonymous VPN

Postby lizard » Tue Apr 17, 2018 3:43 pm

Hi and thanks for contacting.
Sorry to hear that you have such a problem.
Although I've got only positive experience with their support team, my suggest is to contact them again in order to get satisfied.
Best regards.
lizard

Postby Lilmissmovies » Thu Nov 22, 2018 9:14 pm

I'm also extremely unimpressed with avpn!

I agreed to pay $5.95. They charged over $95!!!
I sang find any contact details and it doesn't work!
Lilmissmovies

Postby axler » Fri Nov 23, 2018 2:03 pm

You certainly need to contact their customer support service.
axler

Postby Nancyrae13 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 11:09 pm

Screenshot_20181210-145706_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20181210-145706_Chrome.jpg (183.72 KiB) Viewed 62 times

I too am extremely unhappy where can I find info on contacting their customer service. I have been billed 2 x in 1 month
Nancyrae13

Postby vashkep » Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:23 am

You can find their customer support service at their website - https://www.anonymousvpn.org/platform/contact.php
vashkep

Return to The Everyday Things