VPN required?

This is where you post about any issues you're having with Android or iOS and everything that is related to those to.
Please read forum rules BEFORE posting!!!

Moderators: Siem, Fous, Chupacabra

Forum rules
1. BEFORE REPORTING A BUG, USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION!!!
Is someone reported it already, don't open a new thread! Save us time so we can invest this time in fixing this bug!

2. ANSWER THAT FOLLOWING QUESTIONS IN YOUR POST:
- What version # of PT are you using? On what device? What OS version is it running? ie. win 7
- Is this bug happening on everything you try to watch? Movies and TV shows?
- Can you attach a screen shot? (If it's something that can be captured).
**The more detail you give us regarding this issue you're having, the easier it'll be for us to reproduce it and fix it! So start spilling...

VPN required?

Postby cynthia021686 » Wed Nov 18, 2015 12:28 am

Never had an issue with this but recently every time I try to watch a movie I am prompted to purchase a VPN. Why do I need this now and how do I get around it?
cynthia021686

Re: VPN required?

Postby Chupacabra » Wed Nov 18, 2015 8:10 am

It's not required, but recommended if you live in a place which has strong copyright laws. To avoid been shown a VPN window, disable this in settings.
Chupacabra

Postby tom5b » Sun May 29, 2016 11:32 pm

Team how do i get past this page without buying the vpn?
tom5b

Postby tom5b » Mon May 30, 2016 9:36 pm

Team, I cannot seem to get past the vpn request page. The first of 2 adds I select Continue, I cannot get past the second request to get the movie to start. Please help.
tom5b

Postby tom5b » Tue May 31, 2016 10:23 pm

Hi, first thank you for your help. I have opened each setting option, and cannot find one to disable the vpn.
. have Clear Cache checked.
I have version 2.7.5.3-40 android.
tom5b

Postby tom5b » Tue May 31, 2016 11:24 pm

I am selecting Watch it Now.
tom5b

Postby renepruim1900 » Wed Jun 01, 2016 10:54 am

[code][/code]
Snakepit wrote:Press 3 Lines (upper left corner)
Press Settings
Uncheck Check connection
renepruim1900

Postby tom5b » Wed Jun 01, 2016 6:02 pm

Thank you, however, . have clear cache checked. After selecting Watch it Now I get an add Security Recommendation for vpn that I cannot get past. Suggestions?
tom5b

Postby tripperdan99 » Sat Aug 13, 2016 7:21 pm

Nexus Player with Android N (beta)
time4popcorn v 2.7.5.3 (beta)
VPN Unlimited installed & running
64 Gig high speed SD card

Issue: even with the warning for vpn disabled in t4p settings, after clicking "watch movie" ther is a warning screen that appears with mr popcorn doing the shake and an "X" in the top right of the screen, there is no progress from this block. Clicking the X only returns you to the movie screen. It will time out and also return to the initial selected movie screen.

It does not acknowledge I have a VPN running and is trying to ram-rod me into buying something I already own and do not need.

Any suggestions would be appreciated, I'm not sure what I can test beyond this point.
tripperdan99

Postby tripperdan99 » Sat Aug 13, 2016 7:59 pm

(unable to edit post, so wanted to provide update)

The issue may be on my side because I was testing the VPN on a desktop and it appears that some of the access points block torrent. So I'm working to clarify that issue first, then return to time4popcorn on the Nexus Player once I've established the VPN is a known good.

My apologies for double posting.

td99

tripperdan99 wrote:Nexus Player with Android N (beta)
time4popcorn v 2.7.5.3 (beta)
VPN Unlimited installed & running
64 Gig high speed SD card

Issue: even with the warning for vpn disabled in t4p settings, after clicking "watch movie" ther is a warning screen that appears with mr popcorn doing the shake and an "X" in the top right of the screen, there is no progress from this block. Clicking the X only returns you to the movie screen. It will time out and also return to the initial selected movie screen.

It does not acknowledge I have a VPN running and is trying to ram-rod me into buying something I already own and do not need.

Any suggestions would be appreciated, I'm not sure what I can test beyond this point.
tripperdan99

Next

Return to Everything Mobile