Cannot cast to tv ???? Help please

This is where you post about any issues you're having with Android or iOS and everything that is related to those to.
Please read forum rules BEFORE posting!!!

Moderators: Siem, Fous, Chupacabra

Forum rules
1. BEFORE REPORTING A BUG, USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION!!!
Is someone reported it already, don't open a new thread! Save us time so we can invest this time in fixing this bug!

2. ANSWER THAT FOLLOWING QUESTIONS IN YOUR POST:
- What version # of PT are you using? On what device? What OS version is it running? ie. win 7
- Is this bug happening on everything you try to watch? Movies and TV shows?
- Can you attach a screen shot? (If it's something that can be captured).
**The more detail you give us regarding this issue you're having, the easier it'll be for us to reproduce it and fix it! So start spilling...

Cannot cast to tv ???? Help please

Postby Marcusrives » Sun Dec 02, 2018 4:06 pm

Hello I have a droid droid turbo phone running android version 6.0.1. And a chromecast all connected to same high speed Wifi I use for Netflix and used to use showbox with no issue now I have popcorn time and have paid for vpn and Connot get it to cast it plays videos fine on the phone but when I hit cast it starts to load on the tv then says device cannot play video I also have a few different casting apps I have tried to run it through ... allcast and localcast .. I read something about needing to change to vlc format so I downloaded another app that’s called vlc player I think ... and still not working does anyone have any idea what I’m doing wrong ??? I’m not very tech savvy but I’m really trying any help would be greatly appreciated thank you
Marcusrives

Re: Cannot cast to tv ???? Help please

Postby nubito » Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:31 am

As I know there could be casting problems if use any VPN, especially IPSec protocol. So try to select OpenVPN protocol in your VPN client. Also try to cast via VPN by some other casting apps to see if they would work, because there also could be some issues in google cast sdk implementation in those apps.
nubito

Return to Everything Mobile