Downloads and folder missing after 6.1.0 update

This is where you report whatever issue you have on desktop. Windows, Mac, Linux, issues with Chromecast support, VPN, Apple TV, whatever. Don't forget to read forum rules BEFORE posting.

Moderators: Siem, Fous, Chupacabra

Forum rules
1. BEFORE REPORTING A BUG, USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION!!!
Is someone reported it already, don't open a new thread! Save us time so we can invest this time in fixing this bug!

2. ANSWER THAT FOLLOWING QUESTIONS IN YOUR POST:
- What version # of PT are you using? On what device? What OS version is it running? ie. win 7
- Is this bug happening on everything you try to watch? Movies and TV shows?
- Can you attach a screen shot? (If it's something that can be captured).
**The more detail you give us regarding this issue you're having, the easier it'll be for us to reproduce it and fix it! So start spilling...

Downloads and folder missing after 6.1.0 update

Postby kittrell87 » Sun Oct 21, 2018 7:25 pm

I recently updated to version 6.1.0 and the shortcut on my desktop with all of my previously downloaded movies is empty. If I search for the movie within "recents" in my computer, I can click on it but it gives an error saying it can't find it. Have I lost all of my movies or do I just not know how to find them?
kittrell87

Re: Downloads and folder missing after 6.1.0 update

Postby nubito » Mon Oct 22, 2018 12:28 pm

Have you unselected checkmark `Clear cache folder on exit` in app Settings?
Have you tried to go to Downloads folder (by default located at C:\Users\YourUser\Downloads\PopcornTime)?
Or try to find such folder if you have changed default location of the Downloads cache folder in previous app version.

As I understand all downloaded by the app stuff located in that folder, which means if there are no any files - probably they were erased. If so I would like to recommend you use some recovery tools to get your data back (if it was really important for you).
nubito

Return to Everything Desktop