PT doesn't start

This is where you report whatever issue you have on desktop. Windows, Mac, Linux, issues with Chromecast support, VPN, Apple TV, whatever. Don't forget to read forum rules BEFORE posting.

Moderators: Siem, Fous, Chupacabra

Forum rules
1. BEFORE REPORTING A BUG, USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION!!!
Is someone reported it already, don't open a new thread! Save us time so we can invest this time in fixing this bug!

2. ANSWER THAT FOLLOWING QUESTIONS IN YOUR POST:
- What version # of PT are you using? On what device? What OS version is it running? ie. win 7
- Is this bug happening on everything you try to watch? Movies and TV shows?
- Can you attach a screen shot? (If it's something that can be captured).
**The more detail you give us regarding this issue you're having, the easier it'll be for us to reproduce it and fix it! So start spilling...

PT doesn't start

Postby Jomanda » Thu Nov 15, 2018 7:03 pm

I have been using Popcorn time for a very long time already and I absolutely love it!

I have tried to install the latest version on a system after a fresh install of Windows 10, but the program does not appear to work.
When I click on the Popcorn Time icon, I see the icon appear in the taskbar at the bottom of my desktop, but after a few seconds it disappears again. Nothing else happens...

I suspect it may have something to do with my Internet Security Suite, which is Bitdefender Internet Security 2019, since it is the only piece of software I have changed from the previous install. However, disabling this Internet Security Suite does not solve the problem for me...

Now to answer your questions:
- What version # of PT are you using? Beta 6.0 is all I can say for sure
- On what device? Windows 10 PC
- What OS version is it running? Windows 10
- Is this bug happening on everything you try to watch? Movies and TV shows? I never get to the point where I can watch anything, the application doesnt start.
- Can you attach a screen shot? (If it's something that can be captured). n/a
- Is your internet connection stable? Yes
- Did you try to run Popcorn Time as an Administrator? Yes, problem persists
- Did you try this on another device? Yes I have had it running on this very pc before the reinstall, and all I changed was the AV suite to Bitdefender Internet Security 2019
- Did you try this on another internet connection? No
- Did you try it on wifi and cable? Yes

I really hope someone can help me resolve this problem.
Jomanda

Re: PT doesn't start

Postby Bazoogle » Wed Nov 21, 2018 8:14 pm

I am having the exact same issue. I also have Bitdefender total security 2019 and Popcorn time will not actually start. The window pops up, it loads for a second, it shows the window completely empty for about a second and a half, then closes. I have tried everything I can think of. Of course I tried turning off every bit off protection from Bitdefender, which didn't work. I uninstalled PT, turned off BD, restarted and reinstalled PT and still nothing. No matter what you run as an administrator it still won't work. I've run out of ideas. Anyone else have anything to try?
Bazoogle

Re: PT doesn't start

Postby axler » Fri Nov 23, 2018 2:01 pm

Probably here case in your antivirus.
You can disable it for a while, clear cache folder, and then watch the app working flow.
If it'e ok then you can try to add the app into antivirus exceptions list(rules).
axler

Return to Everything Desktop