Download Deletion (after update)

This is where you report whatever issue you have on desktop. Windows, Mac, Linux, issues with Chromecast support, VPN, Apple TV, whatever. Don't forget to read forum rules BEFORE posting.

Moderators: Siem, Fous, Chupacabra

Forum rules
1. BEFORE REPORTING A BUG, USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION!!!
Is someone reported it already, don't open a new thread! Save us time so we can invest this time in fixing this bug!

2. ANSWER THAT FOLLOWING QUESTIONS IN YOUR POST:
- What version # of PT are you using? On what device? What OS version is it running? ie. win 7
- Is this bug happening on everything you try to watch? Movies and TV shows?
- Can you attach a screen shot? (If it's something that can be captured).
**The more detail you give us regarding this issue you're having, the easier it'll be for us to reproduce it and fix it! So start spilling...

Download Deletion (after update)

Postby Shaun of the Dead » Sat Dec 02, 2017 3:56 pm

I just downloaded 5.6.1 (in Windows 10) after having a previous version (somewhere between 5.3 and now). I have never had a problem locating my downloads. I preselected a folder in the PT settings a couple of years ago and it has always worked well. After the download, the files no longer show up. I went into PT settings and the download folder still shows the default (...(user)/downloads/popcorntime). Funny thing is, they don't show up there, either. When I try to change the destination folder, it 'looks' like it's successful with my desired location, but alas, nothing shows up. So, I downloaded a video completely, closed the video window (within PT) and went to search for the video, and could not find it. So repeated the process with a different video (as to not potentially skew search results) and I found it in (...(user)/appdata/roaming/(random folder name)/(video title)/(video)), (which of course is hidden, but I set it to 'show hidden' for these testing purposes). The folder name under AppData is always random (a series of letters and numbers). However, even after locating the video, if I close the player withing PT, all related files disappear. I made sure that the 'delete cache upon exit' was 'deselected' within the PT settings several times. I even selected it, closed PT, opened PT, deselected it, closed PT, opened PT, attempted a download and everything is the same.
I have tried going back the the earlier version that I had saved on my computer (5.3), but there's a large popup in the middle of the screen telling me to update. I have not found a way to close the popup.
Any help would be greatly appreciated. I read through search results but couldn't find anything similar to my scenario. Forgive me if I missed something.
Thanks!!
Shaun of the Dead

Re: Download Deletion (after update)

Postby Shaun of the Dead » Sat Dec 02, 2017 4:05 pm

Well, right after I posted, I did a little more digging and found a version 5.4 from 10/11/15 and I'm going to try it. On the surface, it seems to be working. Let me know if you all have any ideas about the other issues, though! Thanks!
Shaun of the Dead

Postby digbar » Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:18 pm

Having exactly the same issue here
digbar

Postby RubensRebel » Tue Dec 12, 2017 3:41 pm

I also have this issue. Funny thing is he dumped it somewhere but can't find it anymore. The cache folder stays empty. I now try to reinstall PT again. I Run on Windows 10 Surface pro 3. Any serie or movie I try to stream, I can't find the file in the Cache folder. Try to move the Folder in different directory but didn't make any difference.
RubensRebel

Return to Everything Desktop