Subtitles issues

This forum is all about CONTENT, cause content is king!
Post here about:
1. Movies/TV shows you think should be on Popcorn Time.
2. Movies/TV shows that have bad torrents that aren't working/bad quality/Cam recording.
3. Wrong indexing - The movie/TV show you wanted to watch plays a different movie/ TV show
4. Mixed up TV show episodes.
Etc.

Moderators: lizard, Babarikka, Sky

Forum rules
1. IF REPORTING ABOUT AN ERROR, PLEASE INCLUDE IN YOUR POST THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION:
*VERSION OF POPCORN TIME YOU'RE USING *THE DEVICE AND OS,
*MOVIE/TV SHOW TITLE *INTERNET QUALITY (COUNTRY PROVIDER IF APPLICABLE OR AT LEAST INTERNET TEST SPEEDS)
*A DESCRIPTION OF WHAT'S WRONG WITH THE MOVIE/TV SHOW.
2. PLEASE SEARCH TO SEE IF YOUR MOVIE/TV SHOW REQUEST OR REPORT HAS BEEN REPORTED ALREADY!!!
DO NOT SWAMP THIS FORUM WITH THE SAME REPORTS OVER AND OVER AGAIN PLEASE. REPETITIONS WILL BE DELETED.

Re: Subtitles issues

Postby Mr.Swelly » Thu Sep 29, 2016 4:16 pm

Is it possible to add your own sub-file to a movie in the 5.4-version?
Mr.Swelly

Postby burakdu » Fri Sep 30, 2016 1:55 pm

Turkish Characters(latin-extend, like: ı, ş, ğ, ç, ü) not supported in subtitles on Android. Please fix this problem.
burakdu

Postby BryanXavier » Sun Oct 16, 2016 6:36 am

Westworld TV series

The subtitles are reversed in the first two episodes. Specifically, the subtitles for "Chestnut" appear in "The Original" and the subtitles for "The Original" appear on the "Chestnut" episode.

I can't locate the subtitle folder to fiddle with it.

Fixes?
BryanXavier

Postby yoni1581 » Thu Nov 17, 2016 1:16 pm

i downloaded the android app

and the subtitles delay

how can i fix the delay like PC version?
I do not see the option to fix it
yoni1581

Postby Mifune » Wed Dec 21, 2016 9:47 am

Hello Popcorn Time.
This is about windows versions.
The Danish subtitles in the movie: The ligth between oceans, are not at all Danish.
Kind regards
Mifune

Postby human75 » Fri Dec 23, 2016 8:46 am

burakdu wrote:Turkish Characters(latin-extend, like: ı, ş, ğ, ç, ü) not supported in subtitles on Android. Please fix this problem.

Not only android, it doesn't support language encoding at all.Also different subtitle variants are not available at android which is available at windows version.so most of the subtitles are not sync.please can we do something on it.many thanks in advance.
human75

Postby pagancrow » Wed Dec 28, 2016 12:46 am

Hi guys!
You do an excelent work as always. Congrats! Here is the thing, please check Modern Family's Season 7, 'cause Spanish subtitles aren't congruent with each episode. For example: Episode 2 has Episode 1 subtitles; Episode 3 has Episode 2 subtitles and so on. Thank you guys, keep it up!!!
pagancrow

Postby RobertQ » Thu Jan 05, 2017 3:42 am

I just have an idea on adding subtitle in a movie. Most subtitles consist purely of text characters since text is surely the simplest data to be stored and compressed. There are many more common subtitle formats such as SRT, ASS, SSA, IDX, SUB and more. And SRT is perhaps the most text-based of all. With the right software, which can help you insert the subtitles that you have downloaded before to the movie, it is possible to make it. Surprisingly, to add subtitles on the downloaded youtube video then convert to any hot formats, such as to convert youtube to wmv, is available as well. Hope it will be helpful, this time or next time. Good Luck! :D
RobertQ

Postby SDJA936 » Sun Jan 08, 2017 10:20 am

On Windows version, I have found a few subtitles that are not correctly synced or do not match:

For The Grand Tour, S01E01: English, Italian, Polish, Portuguese, Serbian, Spanish subtitles do not match.

For The Grand Tour, S01E02: Brazilian-Portuguese, Bulgarian, Croatian, Dutch, English, German, Hebrew, Hungarian, Italian, Me (?!), Persian, Polish, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Spanish, Turkish subtitles do not match.

For episode 3 and 4, the subtitles are probably odd as well.

Furthermore, S01E05, S01E06 are not shown yet and episode 9 does not have a name yet (Berks to the Future)
SDJA936

Postby ranar » Sat Jan 21, 2017 7:31 am

Depreciation benefits realized through page and a 30% federal tax credit on solar equipment can lead to thousands of dollars in savings.
ranar

PreviousNext

Return to It's all about CONTENT!