What did you watch last night? (Movies)

Finally! A forum where we can all discuss what's hot, what's not, what movies or TV shows you must watch, who's your favorite actor, character, and what not...
Popcorn Time is all about movies and TV shows, so why aren't we all talkin' about that?

Moderator: Tamara911

What did you watch last night? (Movies)

Postby stanleyo » Wed Nov 19, 2014 12:45 pm

Since I'm a huge movie lover and I see that all the threads here thus far are talking about TV shows, I thought to myself, why not start a movie thread??

My question is:
What is the best movie you all watched recently? I doesn't have to be a newly released movie, but it must be something you watched on Popcorn Time and is worth watching :-)

Let me start...

I watched Gone Girl the other night, the new David Fincher (Fight club!!!) film, and even though normally I'm not huge on Drama's, I decided to go for this one since it looked interesting, it had good IMDB rating (8.4) and I'm a huge Fincher fan... Fight Club is one of my all time favorites.
I loved it. It moves in this strange pace, because it's slower and not a typical Fincher film which are generally faster paced, but it was grasping even though it wasn't fast paced!!
Ben Affleck is amazing. He makes the lead role his own and you can totally relate to him as the husband who's whole concept of union and marriage gets torn apart by his wife's disappearance and him becoming the main suspect. This dissonance of him desperately trying to find his wife and the police desperately trying to catch him is portrayed beautifully.
Wow, it's so difficult to say things about a movie without spoiling anything! Am really admiring film critics now, since every sentence I start writing I have to erase since I'm saying too much...
Anyways, it's a great film!!! It really surprised me. The soundtrack is also awesome by the way...
So go and watch it, and tell me here what movies are a must for you guys so we'll make a list of awesome films together!
I think my next thread will be "don't dare to watch..." Lol :)
stanleyo

Re: Best movies!!!

Postby prince_charming » Wed Dec 03, 2014 5:06 pm

Guardians of the Galaxy!!

I wouldn't say it's like the best movie, but it definitely made for an enjoyable night last night, me, my beloved Popcorn Time, my none beloved wife (J/K) and a bucket of home made pop!

It's light, enjoyable, sorta like a B movie, which kinda makes you feel that you don't need to take it too seriously... And it went by so quickly and my wife didn't start snoring after a few minutes, all in all, a nice film to watch on a casual night!!

I'll give it 3.5 (out of 5) kernels! :lol:
prince_charming

Re: What did you watch last night? (Movies)

Postby DamonIko » Fri Dec 05, 2014 2:03 pm

I really like this thread! :3

Last night I watched "The hundred foot journey" :) I really liked it and I would give it 4 stars out of 5 :)
It last something like 2 hours (more or less) but it's really enjoyable and I would recommend it :))
DamonIko

Postby Tamara911 » Tue Dec 09, 2014 3:39 pm

Watched it as well and it was enjoyable, though kinda corny. Made me hungry as hell though!! I wonder if there's anywhere I can get all the recipes to everything they cooked on the movie Lol :lol:

I watched Divergent and I absolutely loved it! 4.5 stars :)
I think the concept behind it was awesome, the acting was great, and it was just super enjoyable!
Tamara911

Postby prince_charming » Tue Dec 09, 2014 3:42 pm

Tamara911 wrote:I watched Divergent and I absolutely loved it! 4.5 stars :)
I think the concept behind it was awesome, the acting was great, and it was just super enjoyable!

REALLY? i thought it was so predictable. Another Hollywood movie with a _____ ending (it's no spoiler, we all know how Hollywood movies end, no?).
Acting was OK, concept was interesting though I don't think that the script really took it to its full extent and all in all an OK movie to pass the time, but nothing more than than. I'd give it 2.4. Just like the Android version on which I watched it :lol:
prince_charming

Postby DamonIko » Thu Mar 12, 2015 10:00 am

Few days ago I watched "Premium Rush" :) It's with Gordon Levitt *_* I would give 3 stars out of 5 :) I kinda enjoyed it and the plot is good too ;)
DamonIko

Postby Tamara911 » Thu Mar 12, 2015 4:14 pm

DamonIko wrote:Few days ago I watched "Premium Rush" :) It's with Gordon Levitt *_* I would give 3 stars out of 5 :) I kinda enjoyed it and the plot is good too ;)

I watched a few years back... I don't remember much about it, but just that I enjoyed the setting - NYC where I lived when I was younger 8-)
Tamara911

Postby theviooz » Tue May 12, 2015 11:17 am

Last Time I have seen very romantic type movie that was "The Fault in Our Stars"
theviooz

Postby oliver1025 » Tue May 26, 2015 10:01 am

I caught up Xmen again hhh
oliver1025

Postby popcorn-time » Wed May 27, 2015 1:34 pm

oliver1025 wrote:I caught up Xmen again hhh

Which one? ;)
popcorn-time
Site Admin

Next

Return to Movie Lovers <3